Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Interview with Kelley Nyrae


Dyanne: It’s my pleasure to introduce to the RSJ family one of the host authors of Romance Slam Jam 09 that you may not have had the chance to meet yet. I dare say this has been an exciting year for Kelly Nyrae.

Dyanne: Kelley, tell us a little about yourself. I know you have a beautiful new baby so don't leave her out.

Kelley: Thanks for interviewing me, Dyanne. I'm a happily married mother of two little girls, one four years old and the other is seven months old. I've loved writing since I was a child and always dreamed of being a writer one day. I'm an avid reader, like to scrap book, watch movies and hang out with my family.

Dyanne: Congratulations on your first book, Getting Lucky with Luciano? It's been getting rave reviews and since I read it I agree with all the good press. How does it feel to have your dream come to fruition?

Kelley: Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed Luciano. This whole experience is amazing to me. I still have trouble believing its true, lol. To me being a published author was always one of those dreams that you had but you didn't really expect to come true. I'm still riding the high of knowing that I did it! I'm so lucky to have the chance to do what I love.

Dyanne: Kelley, tell me since your baby is less than a year old and so is your book which birth was easier?

Kelly: Well I struggled more writing my book then making the baby, LOL. Both births were exciting, scary and so very worth it!

Dyanne: LOL. I’m VERY pleased to know making the baby wasn’t a struggle. Now that I’ve stopped laughing, what are your future plans?

Kelley: My plans are just to enjoy this ride that I feel privileged to be on. I have one novel, three novellas, and one short story all coming out in 2009. I just want to keep telling the stories in my head, to keep giving my characters their happily ever after. I can only hope readers enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoy writing them. Thank you so much for taking the time to interview me! I had a blast. If anyone would like to read more about me or my books my website is www.kelleynyrae.com. I have two blogs one at www.kelleynyrae.blogspot.com and a group author blog at www.threewickedwriters.blogspot.com

Dyanne, Before I let you go Kelley, as chair person on your committee is there anything you want to say concerning your plans for RSJ 2009?


Kelley: First let me say I'm so loving working on Slam Jam 2009. It's been such a blast for me so far! We have a few fun little activities up our sleeves for next year. We have games set up where readers and writers can act out the EMMA nominated books, a beach theme party, wonderful author workshops and intimate session with authors such as LA Banks and some sight seeing time thrown it too!

Kelley

Dyanne: Kelley it’s been fun getting to know you. Again, congrats on both births. I’m looking forward to all the wonderful things that you and Jackie and Miriam and all the other members of your committee have planned for us next year. This is one conference that the readers of this newsletter will not want to miss. It’s going to be, DA BOMB!!

Dyanne Davis
www.dyannedavis.com

No comments: