Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Interview with Debut Author Angela Kay Austin


Dyanne: Angela, Congratulation on your debut release, Love's Chance, with Red Rose Publishing which released in February. (Plug) So tell the RSJ family a little about Angela.

Angela: Thank you, Dyanne. I'm so proud of Love's Chance. It wasn't my first manuscript, but it was the first one published. It's set in central Pennsylvania, and it covers so many experiences that I saw, and heard of while living there. I think the RSJ family will find it warm and interesting.

About me, hmmm, well, I'm originally from Tennesee, but I left the area years ago to attend Howard University in Washington, D.C. I continued on to grad school, and I just never left the D.C. area. Eventually, I will return to Tennessee. I miss it a lot.

Dyanne: How long have you been writing?

Angela: I've been writing forever. I've always wanted to be able to tell stories that drew people in, and make them forget about whatever they were going through.

Dyanne: Making people forget what they’re going through is a great thing about writing, especially romance. How long have you been a fan of the romance genre?

Angela: Ever since my mother dropped her Reader's Digest books on the coffee table, and I devoured the short stories, I've loved women's fiction, and that progressed to YA romance, and here we are. I love telling stories of all types of love. Where families, friends, and love relationships can survive all types of things vs. the Kleenex mentality.

Dyanne: If you could have one wish(other than you wish they'd stop picking on the president and world peace) what would it be?

Angela: My one wish? Honestly, it would be for some of the crimes I see committed against children to end. I have no children, but I absolutely love my niece and nephews, and I could never imagine the type of grief any harm to them would bring to me. Every time I turn on the news it breaks my heart to see another child harmed.

Dyanne: Good wish, Angela. Children are my weakness. Do you have a website or blog where readers can go to learn more about you?

Angela: Yes, they can reach me through my website at www.AngelaKayAustin.com, and they can click on My Blog at the top of the page. There they can keep up with the latest on me. Of course, they can visit me on Facebook, Twitter or MySpace as well.

Thanks so much, Dyanne, for allowing me to visit with RSJ family today.

Dyanne: Family, we’ve given you quite a list of new books to put on your reading list. Since Dee and I can’t possibly keep up with all of the new books coming out we need your help. This is to ALL of you, authors and readers. Please send your upcoming books info and I’ll start posting the books even if you’re not scheduled to do an interview. Our aim is to bring good books to the family. Until next month when hopefully I will have a surprise for you.

Dyanne Davis
www.dyannedavis.com
davisdyanne@aol.com

2 comments:

Nikki Thornton said...

Peace is a gift,
It is a gift we give to ourselves,
And then to each other.
Nikki

Beverly said...

Congrats on your debut novel.

I look forward to reading it.