Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Congratulations LaVerne Thompson

Hello Everyone,

Dee here, your RSJ Big Mouth. I asked last year's winner of the Romance Slam Jam Aspiring Author Contest what she's been up to since the Slam Jam, and all I can say is
CONGRATULATIONS LaVerne!!!!
Read the why below the congratulations below.

Be sure to leave a comment for LaVerne.

Peace

Dee

------------------------------
Greetings from LaVerne Thompson

Since RSJ 2008, my debut contemporary interracial romance, PROMISES, was released from Red Rose Publishing on September 25th in e-book format. I am really excited about it. The story is a highly sensual short about young love lost then found. How many of us have a childhood friend that we were close too, but circumstances beyond our control pulled us apart? A situation like this is what my story is about. I love the cover and everyone at Red Rose has been fantastic. Someone has already asked me if I know the cover model. Unfortunately, no. Here’s an excerpt.


*
He had taken several steps before he saw her but she hadn’t seen him. Her back was to him, yet he would have known her anywhere, anytime.


From the rear she was perfectly proportioned. Above average height, she would only come up to his shoulders in her high heels. He noticed she still wore her hair in that corkscrew style but longer now, hanging well past her shoulders.


When they were kids he loved nothing better than pulling one of her dark curls and watching it spring back towards her head. He wanted to pull one now. His gaze left her hair and followed the back of her dress, admiring the open display all the way down to the top of the curve of her beautifully rounded butt. Her dress ended just below her thighs, giving him a view of long sleek toned legs. She always did have nice legs. Yeah, he wanted to do a lot more than touch her hair.


She must have sensed him staring at her because suddenly she turned around and stared back at him. Even across the crowded room, he could feel her drawing him toward her; pulling him in until only the two of them existed in the universe. Just the way it had always been between them.
*


This is only the beginning. I have several other projects in the works, some contemporary romances, some fantasy, and I hope to have two print stories out next year as well as another e-book. Check out my blog isisindcblog.blogspot.com for additional information. I hope to see most of you at RSJ 2009 or on that fantastic cruise planned for 2010. I’ve already made my reservations!
isisindcblog.blogspot.com
Redrosepublishing.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LaVerne,



Congrats on your first book. Here's to many more.