Monday, November 3, 2008

Interview with A.C. Arthur






Dyanne: A.C. , since I’m now using initials I love it more than ever when authors use their initials. Would you mind telling us what they are stand for.



A.C.: My first and middle name: Artist Contina Arthur. When I was growing up people would look at my first name and always thought I was a boy, so when the first book was being published I said I’d rather have the initials then my first name on the book then have to go through the same questions about my first name. My parents weren’t too pleased with the idea but it’s growing on them.



Dyanne: I like that. I tried to change my name when I was a teen but my mother refused to acknowledge it and threatened me if I didn’t keep answering to the name she’d given me. (smile) You know that I’m giving authors a chance to express their true creativity by asking them crazy questions right? Okay, here goes: You are the last mortal on Planet Earth. In order to survive you will have to find a way to procreate. How will you accomplish this?



A.C: This is funny, Dyanne and only you could come up with this. LOL Sometimes, on those days when the kids are driving me crazy, I wonder why I even tried procreation at all! But here goes: Since I’m the last mortal I’m thinking there has to be some shape shifters left or even some immortal gods which are my absolute favorite! Half the fun in procreation is the process (the sexual one, I mean) so if there was say a Zeus look-a-like or a feral jaguar shifter with great eyes, you could definitely send him my way for a long seductive evening. If not, then I suppose there’s always prayer! LOL



Dyanne: You have just been given a million dollar advance (yeah I know) to write your own personal true to life love story. Give me the short “G” version.



A.C.: First off, I’m not even going to get a million dollar advance for this boring story! LOL
Heroine has simple dreams to become a secretary with a husband and kids to return home to in the evenings, when her destiny is altered by one great book. In the blink of an eye this normal, mild mannered woman is morphed into a scintillating storyteller with new dreams to color the world with fantastic stories and enlightening characters.



Dyanne: Thanks for playing along. For the record your dream has already come true. YOU’RE DEFINITELY A SCINTILLATING STORYTELLER. Now for the serious question. What do you have on the burner for the next year? What new projects, books, submission, dreams. Anything you can talk about.



A.C.: Let’s see, I have two additions to my Donovan Family series from Kimani Romance: the long awaited Trent Donovan ’s story, Defying Desire 4/09 and Full House Seduction, Noelle ’s story, 8/09. In the mainstream arena, I have the scorching sequel to Indecent Proposal, aptly titled Indecent Exposure coming from Urban Books in 7/09.

As for submissions I’ve just completed the first book in a series of dark, erotic paranormals under my pen name, Sapphire Blue. Hopefully it will find a publishing home soon!



Dyanne: Hmm. I had thought it was a secret that you’re Sapphire Blue. I think maybe I’ll have to interview her also. Last thing A. C. where can readers reach you?



2 comments:

Beverly said...

Very nice interview and I am looking forward to the Donovan family books and of course Indecent Exposure

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Wait a minute... who is Sapphire Blue? ;-) LOL. I still love saying that.

Great interview ladies.

I for one can't wait for Trent's book...hint hint....

Gwyneth