Sunday, February 1, 2009

INTERVIEW WITH CARMEN HARRIS (READER)

Dyanne: We’re all aware that without readers, writers whether published or unpublished, would be a bunch of mighty lonely people. And if you can believe this, readers are even more shy than writers so I am extremely grateful for the readers who have agreed to answer a few questions. I have a couple who answered but since it’s like pulling teeth (or worse) I’m using one per blog. This month we have Carmen Harris .

Hello Carmen , tell the Romance Slam Jam family a little about Carmen .

Carmen : Hi I'm Carmen Harris, a 41 year old single mom of two living in Decatur, GA. I work for the Georgia State Government as a Data Processor at Georgia Public Health Laboratory. I spend my free time reading.

DD: Carmen, what kind of romance stories are you most interested in?

Carmen: I enjoy reading contemporary romance most.

DD: Carmen can you tell us why you’re a romance reader?

Carmen: I enjoy romance because I like to see relationships develops into love and end happily ever after.

DD: Have you ever heard of RSJ, been to one or ever plan to go?

Carmen: Yes, I've heard of Romance Slam Jam, have never attended one but hope to in the future.

DD: If you could go to an event that featured dozens of your favorite romance authors at an affordable price even if you can't go soon would you like to?

Carmen: Yes, I'd love to attend an event where my favorite authors are featured.

DD: Carmen, are you a reader of only paper books or do you read ebooks as well?

Carmen: I read paper books. I've never read an ebook.

DD: Where do you hang out on the internet, Carmen?

http://www.myspace.com/amethyst168
http://www.facebook.com/people/Carmen-Harris/513471987
http://www.shelfari.com/carmenharris
http://harr1249.paperbackswap.com


Thanks Carmen . Keep reading.

6 comments:

Patricia Sargeant said...

Dyanne, thank you so much for bringing us these great interviews.

Carmen, thank you for allowing us to get to know you. And thank you for being a voracious reader. :)

Best!

Patricia Sargeant

Carmen said...

Thank you for stopping by Patricia.

Carmen

Anonymous said...

Hey Carmen & Dyanne,

Nice interview!

Carmen, I just started reading e-books last year. I've only read a couple. I guess I'm sort of old fashion. I love curling up in bed with a good book.

Victoria

Carmen said...

Hi Victoria,

I'm with you on the e-books... I'd rather have the physical book in my hand to read. I won't knock the e-books until I've tried it though. ;) Thanks for stopping by.

'Cilla said...

Hello Carmen and Dyanne..
Love the interview :-)
I like the feel of a book in my hands also. I have read only one ebook... not sure if I will do it again... See ya both in cybersapce..

Carmen said...

Hi Cilla, thanks for stopping by.