Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Interview with Author Brenda Jackson

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Hello RSJ family. Yes, it’s my birthday. September 1 and I’m taking this opportunity to wish myself a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous year. So, now that I’ve finished doing my own personal birthday dance, I’d like to wish each of you a Happy Labor Day and Happy Birthday to all the September babies. (Don’t worry, since I’ve wished September babies a happy birthday, I know I’ll have to continue it. LOL)

Our first author up for interview, Brenda Jackson, needs no introduction. But I can assure you that there is a surprise in her interview. Read on:

Dyanne: Brenda, thank you for taking the time to check in with the RSJ family. You just returned from your cruise, can you tell us what you would have written differently had it been in one of your books?
Brenda: I can't think of anything. I wrote about a couple on a cruise in Perfect Timing, and had gone on a cruise months before so I had done pretty good research. This year we cruised to Canada, and I included this particular cruise and the group attending with me in my book that came out in December titled Essence of Desire. The couple in the book went on a cruise to Canada and met members of my group. It was fun putting that in the story

Dyanne: That sounds like a lot of fun to mix a little reality with creativity. As I warned you, my questions are a little strange, so thanks for playing along. Here goes: We know your heroines know their way around horses, but can you tell us what one would do if faced with a big, black stallion that has fallen madly in love with her and is terribly jealous of the hero, to the point of being vicious.

Brenda: Umm, a horse jealous of a man...

I think my heroine would baby the horse and let him get to know the hero and see he's no threat. In the end, she will have them both eating out of her hands!

Dyanne: Good answer. LOL. Now tell us what is your most decadent (G-rated) wish?

Brenda: Spend a week on a private nude beach with just me and my hubby.
Dyanne: I could go for a beach, but I’ll have to remain dressed. How about telling the RSJ family a secret that no one knows about you.
Brenda: I'd rather keep it a secret.
Dyanne: Okay, well then how about if you tell us the secret you don't want anyone to find out.

Brenda: I'd rather keep it a secret.

Dyanne: RSJ family, you can see I tried. LOL. So Brenda, what's on your already full plate for the rest of the year?

Brenda: Making one of my Madaris books into a movie.

Dyanne: Are you really going to have one of your Madaris books made into a movie? If so, you know the RSJ family will burn me alive if I don't ask you to tell us about it. That is if you can. Congratulations!! It's about time.

Brenda: Yes, I'm working on the script as we speak. My son's company Five Alive Film (who's been doing my booktrailers) will handle it for me. I'm looking forward to doing several of my books into full length made-for TV movies or direct to DVD

Dyanne: That fantastic news, Brenda. Thank you so much for doing the interview. Where can readers reach you?

No comments: