Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Interview with Reader Rolanda Bradshaw

Dyanne: Now it is my great joy to bring you an interview with one of our romance readers. Readers are one of the main reasons writers write. Thank you to Rolanda Bradshaw and to all readers everywhere.

Rolanda, welcome to the RSJ blog. Thank you for agreeing to talk. Would you please tell the RSJ family about you, your family and what you like to do?

Rolanda: Well, let's see.....I am single and work in the mental heath field. I have a very spoiled dog who thinks she runs me. She is getting old but she will always be my baby. :-) I like to shop...I need to stop shopping! I also love to read, go to the movies and hang out with friends. Besides my day job, I also started an author promo business with my friend Von. I had been a moderator for a few author friends for awhile and thought it was about time to start my own biz...okay, I have to admit, it took a bit of a kick in the butt from some very persistent girlfriends! lol

Dyanne: Isn’t it a God send to have girlfriends who will give the needed kick in the butt. (LOL) So, Rolanda how long have you been interested in romance?

Rolanda: I have been reading romance for the past 3-4 years. I was a little late to the game. :-)

Dyanne: Better late than never. We’re happy to have you. What other genre do you read?

Rolanda: I primarily read romance. I read various subgenres within romance....I/R, M/C, Paranormal, Mystery etc.

Dyanne: That’s good to know. I would ask what you would do if you could be in one place with a lot of your famous authors but that will be true when the RSJ cruise occurs. (HINT HINT) So I will ask what three things would you like to ask your favorite authors?

Rolanda: That is a difficult one. I have the pleasure to know a few authors now, so I am able to quench my curiosity very easily, but I guess I would ask: 1) What was it like to publish your first story? 2) If there was only one more story that you could write, what would it be? 3) What makes you unique and why should a reader want to read your stories?

I could go on and on.....I love reading but I really like talking to authors. It has been a blast getting to know some very talented ladies that write their asses off!

Dyanne: I’m like you, Rolanda. I’m fascinated to learn what makes writers tick. What would you like to see more of in the books you read?

Rolanda: You know I have been quite happy with the books that I have read. Most of them have been a pleasure to read. I always appreciate an alpha male that knows how to treat a strong, resilient, and intelligent female. I want to see more stories with regular people living real lives...facing adversities and learning from them. It is nice to have stories that are fantastical, but sometimes I want to be able to relate to the heroine in the story. I want to feel what it is like to be her....I want to be able to dream her dreams and experience her happily ever after. I guess that is what I want more of....not too much to ask for, is it? lol

Dyanne: Thank you Rolanda

Until next month, everyone stay safe. To all who have contributed and haven’t seen your interview up yet, don’t worry it’s going to be put up. I’d still love to have more readers email me davisdyanne@aol.com. You may not have seen Rolanda’s answer as to whether or not the interview was painful but she enjoyed it. For real.

Dyanne
www.dyannedavis.com

2 comments:

F. D. Davis said...

Rolanda,


You were such a great sport even though I kept teasing you. Thank you for stepping up. I truly appreciated it.


Dyanne

Jeanie and Jayha said...

That was awesome to read an interview from the reader's perspective. As Marteeka said, readers keep you honest. Rolanda is one of those readers that authors never forget because she gets just as passionate about your story as you do and that's a beautiful thing for someone to love it like you do. Great interview.
JandJ