Sunday, November 1, 2009

Interview with Author Victoria Wells

Hello RSJ family,

Happy Birthday to all of the November babies and a belated Happy Birthday to all the family born in October.

I’m going to wish all of you not just persona health and happiness but wish that for your computers as well. Can you believe first Dee, now me? My hard drive crashed and let’s just say I’m still working my way through emails that I should have taken care of…like last week. LOL. If you’ve written me and haven’t heard back from me, give me another week or so please.

Our first interview is with Victoria Wells.

Dyanne: Victoria, Would you tell the RSJ family a little about yourself and what you write.

Victoria: Sure, Dyanne. I have multiple personalities – wife, mother, nurse practitioner and author. Most days we blend very well together. Lately, the “author” has been out of control. I write multicultural romance.

Dyanne: Victoria, I love the way the mind of an author operates so I'm going to give you a task. You character is at a fancy party that she wasn't invited to. The hostess asks who she is. Write me a two line scene telling how your character gets out of this

Victoria: Bianca’s mind is frantically racing to come up with a plausible response. Tilting her chin, with the flare of a diva, she announces, “I’m the entertainment,” as she sashay past the hostess to center stage accompanying the live jazz band.

Dyanne: Now in two or three lines give me your perfect writer's fantasy.

Victoria: Since my characters talk to me late at night into the wee hours of the morning, finding out I’m a filthy rich heiress would work for me. I would definitely work part-time (I love working with my patients) and write full-time. Writing into the wee hours of the morning doesn’t work when you have to be up at six in the morning.

Dyanne: I have the power to grant one of your wishes. I also have the power to know if you're being honest. Now tell me what wish you'd like for me to grant.

Victoria: What? Are you for real? Debt free! I don’t want to owe anybody… anything! LOL

Dyanne: Share with the RSJ family something that you don't want anyone to ever find out about.

Victoria: Uhhhhh, is this a trick question? Why would I tell if I don’t want anyone to find out? Why would I tell if I don't want anyone to find out? Okay, okay, RSJ family I'm terrified of public speaking. I cringe whenever I have to do a presentation in front of a large group of folks. However, in a small intimate setting I could talk for hours.

Dyanne:
What projects are in the works for you?

Victoria: I’m currently working on my third novel, Key to My Heart.

Dyanne: Where can readers reach you?

www.victoria-wells.com or author@victoria-wells.com

Thanks Victoria for playing along.

No comments: