Monday, June 1, 2009

Interview with Author Wayne Jordan


Dyanne: Hello Wayne, it’s always a pleasure for me to talk to you either in person or via email. Thank you for taking the time to connect with the RSJ family. So tell us Wayne, what's the craziest thing you've ever had to happen in your career.



Wayne: I love fans dearly…but when one came knocking at my hotel room during the middle of the night at a conference, I finally realized I was a bit of a celebrity, but it was somewhat crazy…

Dyanne: LOL. That answer made me think of a story ideal Thanks. How about sharing your most selfish decadent wish (G-rated)


Wayne: Oh, there are so many and now that I’m diabetic, I dream of a land made of chocolate where I can eat to my heart’s content. I love chocolate! And I miss it. Sugar free chocolate while nice just doesn’t give me that sensual rush.


Dyanne: I wouldn’t mind a land made of chocolate but I’d need nuts and a glass of water. Wayne, you're one of a handful of male romance authors. How does it feel?
Wayne: It feels great; especially when I’m at conferences. What more could a man want when he’s surrounded by the most romantic women in the world and have them all for himself?

Dyanne: You keep sparking story ideas. I’m going to owe you big time. I wanted to ask about your book titles. You have such wonderful titles, were they your original ones or were they changed?

Wayne: All of my titles are the original titles I submitted with my proposals. My next full length book, due out in October 2010, will keep its original title, WHISPERS AT MIDNIGHT, too. I’ve been fortunate.


Dyanne: I congratulate you on choosing such wonderful titles. Can you tell us where you get your inspiration for your stories?

Wayne: I get my inspiration from everywhere, anything and anyone...and from readers. Their kind words about my work keep me motivated to write even more.

Dyanne: Ahh, what a nice thing to say. I’m sure your readers will be happy to hear that. What's on your plate for the rest of 2009?
Wayne: I’ll just be writing. Have no releases this yet. However, along with the Kimani Romances in 2010 (one) and 2011 (two), I have a novella for Parker Publishing which I’m working on right now along with WHISPERS AT MIDNIGHT. It’s my first extra steamy romance so I’m totally enjoying reading it. Of course, I’m trying to balance the story with the heat factor…and I’m not doing badly.

Dyanne: Wayne, thank you so much for talking to us. Have a great summer.

Wayne: Dyanne, thanks for the opportunity.

3 comments:

Niambi Brown Davis said...

Hi, Wayne: From one chocolate lover to another, congratulations on your continued success!

Patricia Sargeant said...

Great interview, Wayne and Dyanne.

Wayne, Dyanne's right. Your titles are wonderful! Best wishes for continued writing succees!

Patricia

Iris B said...

Hi Wayne;
Nice interview. I'm just wondering, how did you handle the fan knocking at your door during the conference? LOL

May your success continue to multiple.