Saturday, August 1, 2009

An Interview with Author Iris Bolling

Dyanne: Hello Iris, your work has been getting terrific reviews. Can you tell the RSJ family a little bit about yourself and bring us up to speed on your work.


Iris: Thank you, Dyanne, for this wonderful opportunity. As a new author it is difficult to make the right connections. RSJ has opened so many doors for me, from the chance to attend the cruise to the online seminars you offer. Also, I want to thank all of you for sharing your in dept knowledge. Anyhooo, as Deatri say's, I was born the daughter of a share cropper --oh wait, that's not the story you want. LOL! I'm from Richmond, VA. I lived in Morristown, NJ during my high school years. I wrote The Heart Series in 2005 but did not publish it until 2009. The Heart Series is a collection of six novels telling the story of JD Harrison rise from the Assistant District Attorney in Richmond, VA to President of the United States. The first novel Once You've Touched The Heart, tells how he met and fell in love with his wife Tracy. This novel has been very well accepted by women and men. The male following was a surprise because it is a romance novel. But hey, I'm not complaining. The second novel, The Heart of Him was release in November 2009 and tells the love story of JD's sister, Ashley Harrison and his campaign manager, James Brooks. The third novel of the series, Look Into My Heart, was just release June 2009. It tells the story of Cynthia Thornton, Ashley and Tracy's friend and Samuel Lassiter, who becomes a part of JD' security team. The remaining novels will be released at the end of 2009 through the middle of 2010.

Dyanne: All of the stories sound interesting. Yeah to getting men interested. That gives me a nice segue into the next question. Writing is a crazy business. Can you share the craziest thing that has happened to you since you began a writing career?

Iris: Not a lot of crazy things yet. Except the woman that keeps telling me - better not let Brian and Tracy have an affair. (You know who you are-VW). I do anticipate a number of crazy things to happen on the cruise in April. Ask me that question this time next year, I'm sure I will have quite a few ans wers then.


Dyanne: LOL. Now, I'm going to have to read the books for sure just to see why Brian and Tracy can't have an affair. So, Iris, tell us, What is your most decadent (G-rated) wish.


Iris: Since I have to keep this clean-- I would like to have my series made into a TV series, have all creative rights and the right to do the screen test with each of the leading men that I personally select.(I'm just joking, sweetie). Or, have the opportunity to sit down with Beverly Jenkins, Brenda Jackson, Francis Ray and Julie Garwood to pick their brains on how to be successful in this business. Oh and one more thing--to have someone else write all my query letters and synopsis for submission to publishing houses. Now that would really be nice--:-).


Dyanne: I really love the part about having someone else write the queries and synopsis. Iris, where's the place that you call home where the RSJ family can reach you?


Iris: You can find me at http://www.irisbolling.com/http://www.sirient.com/ – MySpace, Facebook or Twitter. I encourage anyone to contact me with questions or comments about the novels, I enjoy feedback. The not to good, helps me to improve and the really good keeps me motivated.


Dyanne: Thanks so much, Iris, for allowing us to get to know you.

1 comment:

Iris B said...

Hello Dyanne;
Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. Your questions allowed me to have a little fun. :-) I also read your articles on "contracts." Very, very helpful information. Thank you for sharing. Until the next time,
Iris